Sunday, March 14, 2010

Burger!




My very first burger was in primary school. It was chicken patty, with lotsa tomato ketchup. I still remember my first bite and it just costing a dollar.

What are hamburgers, it is a kind of sandwich, which has a meat patty in the middle, along with vegetables and sauces to complement it, and it is served in between 2 buns as such. Which im pretty sure you would have had ne before.

Then soon I was introduced to Ms Donald’s, and I’m still at Mc Donald’s. If you are not aware of what that is, remember seeing this big yellow ‘M’ and a red building with it along with this red haired smiling mascot, yup that’s just it. The addiction is pretty much to the fish burger now if you ask me. And this is where the new competitors, ‘Wendy’s’ fast food have come with a shrimp burger and it’s delish! But a bit pricier than Mcd, costs about 14 ringgit for a set meal.

Then obviously you have Mcd’s closest competitor, which is usually even located just a few blocks away from each other, KFC-Kentucky fried chicken! Well yes, they mostly specialize on chicken, but their zinger burger was awesome. And tats obviously before they modified it and killed it assuming that they were staying afloat with the other burger place, bad move!

Any way’s moving on from that, there’s the free drink refill place, burger king. I like the mushroom burgers there, minus the beef obviously. But though it is pretty popular overseas it has not really picked up here and is kinda facing extinction. Close to that too have Carl’s junior, such a disappointment I tell you, first waaayyy to expensive for a tiny burger, it’s like pathetically small, and like the only thing nice is their Heinz sauce, talk about fail man that’s a freaking understatement.

Chilis, may it be expensive, yes. The burgers and portions there are awesome! Unlike TGIF whoich i find a rip off. Until I went to “The Daily Grind” and the rest of it was a dream come true. Claiming to be the first gourmet burger diner in the country, they make their patties and sauces in house that gives it the extra kick.

I had the mutton burger, it set be back a good 30 bucks but boy was it fantastic, though I had issues stuffing it into my mouth. Two soft toasted buns, in the middle was, zucchini, cucumber, capsicum, and lettuce leaves in some sauce and the patty itself was marinated in a bbq tasting sauce but it had a tinge of spices which I assume is what was inserted in the patties themselves. Very nice done, and the French fries accompanying it, were fat and crispy; they did not even get soggy after a while.

So this burger place people, is the new place to be at. It won’t become the next Mcd’s seeing its not extremely affordable, but I would definitely be on my ‘go again’ list. Btw they even cater to vegetarians with their vegetarian burger, and for the non burger lovers, they have soup, nibbles, diner stuff, and nice milkshakes and cocktails. But i would say for a good milkshake ‘delicious’ is the place to go and strawberry is the one to order.

P.s: nothing can beat a proper Ramly, ever! One, Malaysia ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment